Printable Instagram Mini Calendar

by Kira @ Her New Leaf on January 12, 2012

Raise your hand if you love Instagram! I love it and I don’t even have an iPhone – I steal Marc’s at any available moment to scroll through my feed or add new photos of my cat. Instagram is an iPhone app that allows you to snap photos, apply cool filters, and share them with an online community. But what do you do with your Instagram snaps after you’ve taken them?

Cool project ideas have been popping up everywhere: make teeny tiny prints for gifts, combine several photos to make a photostrip, or turn them into magnets or postcards to send to friends. There are so many fun ways to save and share your favorite Instagram photos!

I created this free, printable, downloadable mini calendar template that you can customize with your very own photos! So that everyone can share in the fun, I’ve included a template for Photoshop as well as good ol’ Microsoft Word.

Download for PhotoshopDownload for Word

1. Collect the images you want to use. They do not need to be from the Instagram app, but the template is designed to work with square images, so you may need to do a little cropping. An easy way to download your Instagram images to your computer is by setting up an Instagrid account to view your photos online.

2. Use your favorite photo-editing software to resize your image to 3.5 in x 3.5 in. If you don’t have Photoshop or something similar, you can use Picnik online for free.

3. Open up your template.

For Photoshop, click on the layer labeled “Click here, paste photo,” then paste your photo. Slide the photo up to the top of the frame so that it lines up nicely with the calendar portion. Repeat with your remaining photos.

For Word, click inside the square where you wish to insert your photo. Go to Insert > Image > From File and locate your photo on your hard drive. You photo should appear neatly in its box. Repeat with your remaining photos.

4. Hit “Print.” Adjust your printer’s settings to “Best” – this may look different depending on you computer and printer, so when in doubt, read your printer’s manual. I promise, it will look way better if you do.

5. Print, cut, and hang you calendar! You can use binder clips, pin up the pages individually, or paste them in your planner. Enjoy!

This template is for non-commercial use only. This means, feel free to share, edit and use this template however you want, but please do not use it to produce products that you plan to sell or make money off of in any way. That just wouldn’t be fair. ;-)

I hope you enjoy your new, custom calendar! Please send pics if you make one, I would love to see it!

What’s the most creative use of cell phone photos you have seen?

layla January 12, 2012 at 7:05 am

Very cute!! I’m gonna do this!

Kira @ hernewleaf January 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Send me pics when you do!

Clare January 12, 2012 at 7:15 am

Such a cute idea!

kimberly michelle (@kim_michelle) January 12, 2012 at 11:06 am

<3 LOVE!

Loribeth January 12, 2012 at 5:08 pm

The new site looks great!!!

Kira @ hernewleaf January 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Thanks, Loribeth! I’m glad you like it!

Jessica Lynn January 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Totally doing this asap! Love it!!1

Jessica Lynn January 12, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Quick question! It prints on a regular-size piece of paper, right? I can’t tell how big it is from the photos…I’m guessing it’s small since it’s a “mini” calendar :)

Kira @ hernewleaf January 12, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Yes! You can actually print 2 per page – the dimensions of each page are 3.5 x 7.25 in. Let me know how it turns out!

Frankie January 13, 2012 at 5:16 am

Really cute Idea Kir! I love it. I use my droid phone’s camera to take pictures whenever I feel lazy, or when I don’t have easy access to my dslr. Some of the pictures I’ve been able to get with it are amazing. Perhaps I’ll have to make a little calendar for someone soon.

Fee January 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Neat idea :) Ill be making on for myself tonight i dare say – I have reposted this on my blog to share the love :)

Kira @ hernewleaf January 16, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Fee and thanks for linking me! I hope you’ll share photos if you do make your own calendar, I would love to see it!

Emily January 19, 2012 at 6:38 am

I downloaded the template and printed some calendar pages right away! You can see the January page here: http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-calendar.html

Kira @ hernewleaf January 19, 2012 at 7:13 am

It looks so great! Thank you for sharing, Emily!

Nikki @ the ambitious procrastinator March 20, 2012 at 8:27 pm

It’s official, I am now stalking you! First bit of info I’m combing the blog for is your instagram name. This is too cute and I plan on making one…. Someday. I’m a bit of a slacker when it comes to actually getting things done. But I’ll be sure to share when I do!

Nikki @ the ambitious procrastinator

Kira @ Her New Leaf March 20, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Hehe, no stalking necessary, my name is hernewleaf on pretty much everything!

Sasha June 2, 2012 at 7:39 pm

What a fantastic idea! I will definitely be using this template. Thank you!

Emma N June 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Just thought I would point out that sadly, picnik.com has closed:( I know this post was made back in January, but for the people still finding these awesome DIY tutorials, picmonkey.com is exactly like picnik if you need to do some cropping. (: Keep up the great tutorials!!

Allis i eventyrland November 12, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I love this! Will you make a template for 2013 aswell? :)

Karli December 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

Hi! I LOVE this idea! I was thinking of making one using pics of my kids for the grandparents for Christmas. That way they could put them in their purse/office & always be reminded of us. (:

Will you be making a 2013 version or could you give us access to the actual number PSD file to make the changes ourselves? Yours is just so darling.
Thanks for sharing! {Found you via pinterest} (:
Karli recently posted..Switch up your Traditions!My Profile

Megan December 11, 2012 at 5:41 am

I recently found this post via Pinterest, and like Karli I was hoping there will be a 2013 version? It is such a great idea – thanks for sharing it with us.
Megan recently posted..How to Create Your Own Phone Case with Your PhotosMy Profile

Sof June 18, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Oh my god, this is just the cutest thing! And the perfect idea and NYE gifts (we do those in my country). I’m praying you do a 2014 version of this calendar…

mindy October 7, 2013 at 7:09 pm

thank you!!!!!

Herbert June 3, 2014 at 3:52 pm

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this superb blog!
I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

I look forward to fresh updates and will share this
site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!
Herbert recently posted..HerbertMy Profile

wrong meal plan January 5, 2015 at 2:12 am

I have read so many articles or reviews on the
topic of the blogger lovers except this article is genuinely a good
paragraph, keep it up.
wrong meal plan recently posted..wrong meal planMy Profile

gourmet vinegar February 9, 2015 at 2:28 pm

D saiod when asked if the text properties window iss dewfined gourmet vinegar aas the consumer everything.
If you have to be a specialized area of the power of the whple layout should have
these negwtive effects:Strings of Long Sentences The struggle to make sure that you should have
a seeious problem. You couild also be developed on the homepage.
gourmet vinegar recently posted..gourmet vinegarMy Profile

Isla February 15, 2015 at 8:41 pm

You did a fantastic job with this post, thanks very much.
Isla recently posted..IslaMy Profile

pengertian ham menurut para ahli February 24, 2015 at 11:54 am

You really make it seem really easy with your presentation however I
in finding this matter to be really one thing that I believe I would never understand.
It kind of feels too complicated and very broad for me.
I am having a look ahead on your subsequent put up, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!
pengertian ham menurut para ahli recently posted..pengertian ham menurut para ahliMy Profile

Montreal Limos VIP March 10, 2015 at 1:18 pm

We have a personal side limousines montreal also.
The fire spread to foam padding inside the limo anytime
for making the journey iis just one click away. Well my personal opinion is
if you take a group of people in the limo.
Montreal Limos VIP recently posted..Montreal Limos VIPMy Profile

live gold prices kitco March 13, 2015 at 10:19 pm

The very best worth of gold earlier than 2008 was in 1980 wherein gold hit $850 though that is a lot greater once adjusted for inflation.
live gold prices kitco recently posted..live gold prices kitcoMy Profile

nike fuelband software update error March 14, 2015 at 7:26 pm

The Power 90 even offers a web based entry that
allows you to enter contact with other peers and exercise instructors.
nike fuelband software update error recently posted..nike fuelband software update errorMy Profile

goodlivingwarehouse.com March 14, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Some of these types of limos for natural migraine relief attending business
meetings with colleagues or guests may be
desogned for each day. It is also important to do.
goodlivingwarehouse.com recently posted..goodlivingwarehouse.comMy Profile

kitchen remodeling contractors chicago March 15, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Kitchen remodeling may be worth your cost, provided your kitchen is in hands of seasoned kitchen contractors.
kitchen remodeling contractors chicago recently posted..kitchen remodeling contractors chicagoMy Profile

paleo diet meal plan March 16, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Advocates of paleo eating regimen eat meals which have much less salt,
less carbs, extra fiber and rather more protein.
paleo diet meal plan recently posted..paleo diet meal planMy Profile

traveling croatia tips March 17, 2015 at 2:19 am

I will guarantee you that France is among the exceptional spots about
the planet where you do not need to observe your back.
traveling croatia tips recently posted..traveling croatia tipsMy Profile

comedy nights with kapil wiki 2015 March 17, 2015 at 3:26 am

Sahara India Pariwar is proud to have five information channels
because the bouquet of Sahara Samay.
comedy nights with kapil wiki 2015 recently posted..comedy nights with kapil wiki 2015My Profile

makeup tutorials 2014 March 17, 2015 at 7:06 am

Simple makeup tips for office women would be to
use a little blush on the cheeks.
makeup tutorials 2014 recently posted..makeup tutorials 2014My Profile

earn extra money at home online March 22, 2015 at 1:58 am

Should you’re thinking about how I make my money online, take a look at Here is to your monumental
success!
earn extra money at home online recently posted..earn extra money at home onlineMy Profile

limo hire lancaster March 25, 2015 at 3:50 pm

It’s brilliant, because there’s so much make them feel deprived.
Will shows off her sunning 35-pound weight loss program that you let thikngs gett really really goood and bad fats.
Strong legs here If I want to follow limo hire blackpool the
Intermittent Fasting. You may not appear to have a number of products that can just reduce calordies as you consume
each day.
limo hire lancaster recently posted..limo hire lancasterMy Profile

best iPhone 6 case March 26, 2015 at 10:33 pm

After that we where can i buy iphone 6 cases saw. And even though it
doesn’t look all exciting and tricky.
best iPhone 6 case recently posted..best iPhone 6 caseMy Profile

Atlantic Yacht and Ship March 28, 2015 at 6:08 am

Quality articles or reviews is the secret to interest the viewers to visit the web site, that’s
what this website is providing.
Atlantic Yacht and Ship recently posted..Atlantic Yacht and ShipMy Profile