DIY Valentine’s Day Gift: Cupid’s Arrow Hair Pins

by Kira @ Her New Leaf on February 3, 2012

Looking for a quick, easy, and inexpensive gift to give your girlfriends for Valentine’s Day? Whip up a set of these cupid’s arrow and heart hair pins!

The pins I used are slightly larger than standard bobby pins – I picked them up at my dollar store. Using a dot of hot glue, I attached the shapes cut from glitter-covered scrapbook paper (shown above). The set below was made with red glitter stiffened felt from a craft store.

Whether you’re going out to a fancy dinner with your honey or staying in with friends in protest, these cute hair pins will make the perfect addition to any outfit!

How do you feel about Valentine’s Day? For or against?

Maria February 3, 2012 at 7:07 am

Cute! And easy to make! I’m for Valentine’s Day in that I like buying the candy and making cards for friends but not in the traditional sense with a significant other. We don’t do anything out of the ordinary bc we go out to eat once every week or every other week.

Hannah February 3, 2012 at 8:19 am

So adorable – I will definitely be doing these!
I don’t make a big deal about the holiday but I do think its a great reminder to tell the ones that you love that you love them :)

Julieta February 3, 2012 at 10:03 am

I really love this idea! I shared it with my blog readers today :D

xoxo Julieta

joanne February 3, 2012 at 10:32 am

those are adorable! i am all for valentine’s day if it means chocolate and flowers!

Holly February 3, 2012 at 11:17 am

These are so adorable!! Valentine’s Day isn’t really that big of a deal to me… Keith always buys me flowers (more orchids!! Well, the first year we spent Valentine’s Day together he got me Birds of Paradise! hehe.), which I love and we usually go out for dinner, but he buys me flowers randomly at other times throughout the year, too. I don’t know, it’s kind of just another day but it’s nice to spend the day together. (Although we spend ever day together, haha!)

Shellby February 3, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Those hairpins are so cute! Valentine’s Day is just a fun excuse to for crafting with a lot of glitter and hearts, what’s not to love?

Katherine February 5, 2012 at 7:35 am

Cute, cute! I love the glitter pair! I’ve always been a fan of Valentine’s Day… but I’ve never really been too lovey-dovey about it. I just like the homemade and vintage kitsch of it all.

Our Wired Lives February 6, 2012 at 6:45 am

Very cute. Hubs and I aren’t big on the V-Daying. We typically do the usual.

Melissa C February 9, 2012 at 8:50 am

So cute!! Love the gold. ;)

Emily February 10, 2012 at 2:20 pm

What an adorable idea! Love the glittery gold.

Just found your blog and love it! :)

Claudia February 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm

This is such a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!