I wasn’t kidding when I said I was planning to make surprise balls for every occasion! A surprise ball (or prize ball) can be filled with any number of tiny treats, is a snap to make, and is tons of fun to open! Check out this video of me unwrapping one of my holiday surprise balls. Prize balls are an inexpensive and FUN gift for anyone to receive!
You will need:
• stiff card stock
• pretty paper
• crepe paper streamers
• candy and prizes
To prepare your crepe paper, cut about three arm-lengths off your roll, then fold several times. Use scissors to half the width of the streamer. I used about six of these streamers but you may need more or fewer, depending on the size of your center heart.
1. Start by cutting out a heart shape from both your card stock and pretty paper. The card stock should be pretty stiff to hold the shape of the heart.
2. Use glue or a glue stick to attach the paper to the card stock.
3. Stick the two layers together.
4. Write a love note to your Valentine on the heart shape.
5. Place your surprise and start wrapping. This is a small self-inflating balloon that I picked up at the dollar store – they are so cool!
6. Continue placing you treats and wrapping the crepe paper to secure in place.
7. Keep wrapping!
Write a message on the outside or decorate however you like. I used these pink alphabet stickers to tell my Valentine what to do.
Have you used a tutorial or inspiration found on Her New Leaf to create a project of your own? Share it on the Her New Leaf Facebook page!
Happy Valentine’s Day!