Heya, primpers! Let me start off by saying that this tutorial is a bit long-winded and slightly complicated. I’m going to try to clarify things as much as possible, feel free to comment if you have questions. Just be aware that this should be considered a moderate- to advanced-difficulty tutorial before we jump in! Please note that this tutorial applies to WordPress.com blogs only, not for self-hosted WordPress.org blogs.
It took some finagling and experimentation, but I finally figured out a way to add a “Pin It” button to individual blog posts, and I’m going to share with you how to do it. Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically add a button to all of your posts at this time. But this manual work-around will get the job done.
2. Go to the Pinterest Goodies page and scroll to “‘Pin It’ Button for Websites.” Fill out the form to include the URL of your post, the URL of your most “pinnable” image, and a suggested caption (your users will have the opportunity to change this).
3. Make sure the radio button next to “Basic” is selected and copy the code that has been generated in the box.
4. From your WordPress dashboard, go to the post where you want to place your button. Click on the HTML tab.
5. Paste your code where you want to place your button. Click “Save Draft” (do not yet click “Publish” or “Schedule”).
<img src="IMAGE URL">
7. Save your draft again, and publish or schedule it because you are done!
For tips on how to get started on Pinterest, check out my Pinterest 101 post.