DIY Painted Sunglasses Makeover

by Kira @ Her New Leaf on May 10, 2012

Like everything else in fashion, every season brings new trends and styles for sunglasses I am dying to try. But I am always losing my sunglasses – are you? So, as a rule, I generally don’t spend more than $10-$12 on any pair of sunglasses. So I’m left with the collection of last-season shades that I’m no longer crazy about but don’t want to get rid of just in case I lose my new ones. Surely you can relate!

Here’s a cute method to give your sunglasses a quick makeover.

You will need:

• sunglasses
  • various shades of nail polish
  • blue painters tape

Begin by masking off a pattern on your glasses. I chose stripes but you can use your imagination! If your sunglasses have wider arms, you could even use stickers to make a polka dot or heart pattern.

Paint your sunglasses using nail polish. You might need to apply a few coats for full coverage.

Let dry 20-30 minutes, then peel off the tape.

Now you’re ready to soak up the sun! This method will work great on both metal and plastic frames.

Lori May 10, 2012 at 7:08 am

Cute and simple! Great idea, Kira!

Olga May 10, 2012 at 8:08 am

Fantastic! So easy, yet with great impact!

Cynthia @ Oh So Pinteresting May 10, 2012 at 8:49 am

What a great idea! I just pinned it.

Christina May 10, 2012 at 9:08 am

omgosh, you are too stinkin adorable. LOVE the paint job. Genius!

Katherine May 10, 2012 at 10:17 am

Oh the wonderful things you can do with nail polish! :) I’m the same way with sunglasses… I always leave them at a table in a restaurant or smash the lenses in my bag, so I usually buy them at F21 for cheeeeap.

ALSO, I’m super behind on my blog reading and haven’t popped over here in a while…. but I just wanted to say I LOVE your new (new) look! The watercolors are lovely!

Dan May 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Such A Brilliant Idea, A Great Way Of Bringing Old Sunglasses Into 2012 Or Vamping Up Boring Cheap Ones, Will Deffinetley Be Giving This A Try! Hope You Don’t Me Pinning On Pinterest.

Much Love!

Cait May 10, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Such a great idea! Love how they turned out – I actually splurged on a pair of Burberry aviators and my favorite part is plaid on the arms!

chantilly May 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm

this is such a cute idea! i’ve been looking for some new painting projects :) x

Catharine @ Your Modern Couple May 22, 2012 at 2:45 pm

You kill me! These are so great! I have a couple pairs at home that could use some sprucing up. I love finding new uses for nail polish. PS: what color are you wearing in these photos? LOVE it!

検査合格 高品質 October 30, 2013 at 9:47 am

I’ll immediately clutch your rss as I can’t to find your
e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you have any? Kindly allow me understand so that I
may just subscribe. Thanks.
検査合格 高品質 recently posted..検査合格 高品質My Profile

vieille nymphomane September 23, 2014 at 5:46 pm

J’аi pas eeu le trmps de finir dе regarder pаг contre je reviens dans la semaine
vieille nymphomane recently posted..vieille nymphomaneMy Profile

domain October 7, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I feel that is one of the such a lot vital information for me.
And i’m satisfied studying your article. However want to commentary on some
basic things, The website style is ideal, the articles is in point of fact
excellent : D. Good job, cheers