DIY Painted Sunglasses Makeover

by Kira @ Her New Leaf on May 10, 2012

Like everything else in fashion, every season brings new trends and styles for sunglasses I am dying to try. But I am always losing my sunglasses – are you? So, as a rule, I generally don’t spend more than $10-$12 on any pair of sunglasses. So I’m left with the collection of last-season shades that I’m no longer crazy about but don’t want to get rid of just in case I lose my new ones. Surely you can relate!

Here’s a cute method to give your sunglasses a quick makeover.

You will need:

• sunglasses
  • various shades of nail polish
  • blue painters tape

Begin by masking off a pattern on your glasses. I chose stripes but you can use your imagination! If your sunglasses have wider arms, you could even use stickers to make a polka dot or heart pattern.

Paint your sunglasses using nail polish. You might need to apply a few coats for full coverage.

Let dry 20-30 minutes, then peel off the tape.

Now you’re ready to soak up the sun! This method will work great on both metal and plastic frames.

Lori May 10, 2012 at 7:08 am

Cute and simple! Great idea, Kira!

Olga May 10, 2012 at 8:08 am

Fantastic! So easy, yet with great impact!

Cynthia @ Oh So Pinteresting May 10, 2012 at 8:49 am

What a great idea! I just pinned it.

Christina May 10, 2012 at 9:08 am

omgosh, you are too stinkin adorable. LOVE the paint job. Genius!

Katherine May 10, 2012 at 10:17 am

Oh the wonderful things you can do with nail polish! :) I’m the same way with sunglasses… I always leave them at a table in a restaurant or smash the lenses in my bag, so I usually buy them at F21 for cheeeeap.

ALSO, I’m super behind on my blog reading and haven’t popped over here in a while…. but I just wanted to say I LOVE your new (new) look! The watercolors are lovely!

Dan May 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Such A Brilliant Idea, A Great Way Of Bringing Old Sunglasses Into 2012 Or Vamping Up Boring Cheap Ones, Will Deffinetley Be Giving This A Try! Hope You Don’t Me Pinning On Pinterest.

Much Love!

Cait May 10, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Such a great idea! Love how they turned out – I actually splurged on a pair of Burberry aviators and my favorite part is plaid on the arms!

chantilly May 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm

this is such a cute idea! i’ve been looking for some new painting projects :) x

Catharine @ Your Modern Couple May 22, 2012 at 2:45 pm

You kill me! These are so great! I have a couple pairs at home that could use some sprucing up. I love finding new uses for nail polish. PS: what color are you wearing in these photos? LOVE it!

検査合格 高品質 October 30, 2013 at 9:47 am

I’ll immediately clutch your rss as I can’t to find your
e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you have any? Kindly allow me understand so that I
may just subscribe. Thanks.
検査合格 高品質 recently posted..検査合格 高品質My Profile