Lately

by Kira @ Her New Leaf on May 29, 2012

Image by Danni of oh, hello friend

I hate blogger apologies. I know all blog readers do. But I can’t help it – I’ve been away for a week and I need to explain myself!

Sometimes life goes smoothly. Everything finds time to get done, every assignment gets handed in on time, the dishes are (mostly) clean.

Sometimes life goes better than smoothly! Life hands you challenges and you accept them! The animals get fed and walked, the blog gets updated, dinner gets cooked, and it’s actually good! Do all the things!

But there’s always a tipping point, right? The laundry starts piling up, and that is when life hands you news. And, in the moment, it doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad. That’s the point when it’s just too much.

So. In summary, I got some news and kind of crumbled under the pressure. It’s good news, I promise. I’m very lucky and very happy, but it’s going to mean a lot of big life changes for me and everyone around me. To save my sanity, something had to give, so I decided to let the blog take a little blog-cation and try not to feel guilty about it.

Now I’m back, I’m sane, I have a super supportive boyfriend and family who are truly the best. You all know I strive to keep it real around these parts so I share things like this in hopes that someone else can relate.

Here are some snaps from the past few weeks:

Pink toenails and some street art (literally), M’s uncle’s dog that I took care of during my “do all the things” week, some palm trees.

Can’t have a dog pic without a cat pic – Scout sleeping in with me. Yesterday Marc and I went to Santa Monica and ate gelato.

Saturday we went to the beach with some friends. I’m weirdly proud of my flip flop tan lines – it’s the only place on my body I actually tan instead of burn! Here I am looking forward to the future (in my Tumbleweeds shades)!

So, welcome back everyone, thanks for bearing with me, I love you all!

Gran May 29, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Missed your blog posts, but very soon I will have you in the flesh. Can’t wait!! ♥♥♥

Molly May 29, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Good for you giving yourself a break! Even though you were missed around here, hopefully the margin gave you the space you needed to focus on other things.

Angie May 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

We ALL need a break every now and than. Every so often I fall into a slump – like I am in right now. Than I pull myself out – or get pulled out – and everything casually falls into place again. :D I’m glad you’re back and I’m glad you took a break you so needed and deserved! <3

jessica lynn May 30, 2012 at 1:03 am

Thinking of you! It’s funny how life can sneak up on you and knock us off course sometimes. You’ll get your groove back. Anxious and excited to hear about your life changes :)

(P.S. I ALWAYS forget to click that I’m not a spammer. You’d think I’d remember by now!)

Hannah May 30, 2012 at 5:44 am

Do all the things.
I like how you say that.
Challenges don’t make us stronger, they help to reveal our strength.

Frankie May 30, 2012 at 7:46 am

Oh the overwhelming nature of any big life decision. That “Do all the things” post is so accurately hysterical. I’m glad you’re back and feeling better. I love M’s uncle’s dog. He’s so cute. And you look quite adorable in your new sunglasses.

Christine Martin May 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm

hi there…i am glad you refreshed. so important. it’s funny how that blogging guilt happens, right? love all your photos…santa monica is close to my hometown, pasadena, and i miss it loads. nice to have you back.

Kristen May 30, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I totally understand where you’re coming from! I’m very inspired by your honesty and that quote at the top… I really needed that today. Thanks girl :)

laura lee June 3, 2012 at 8:08 am

keep on bloggin’ in the real world;)

signora aurora June 4, 2012 at 12:03 am

Everyone needs a break sometimes.
Like a lot your instagram photos and nice words. It’s always the best to have a boyfriend and family around that helps in difficult moments.