Road Trip Style: West Coast to East Coast

by Kira @ Her New Leaf on August 27, 2012

Hey guys! As you read this, Marc and I are traveling through middle America on our way to Boston – keep up with our travels (and relieve me of some inevitable road trip boredom) by following along on Twitter and Instagram. I have a few friends lined up to share some great posts with you this week! Today Amanda from LoveCreative Blog is here to share her picks for West Coast and East Coast-inspired fashion. I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to head over to Amanda’s beautiful and inspiring blog!

Well hello there Her New Leafers! I’m Amanda from LoveCreative Blog where I post about design, music, and fashion among other things. Today I have a little style post inspired by Kira’s cross country road trip from the Best Coast West Coast to the East Coast! I love road trips so much—funky truck stops, sunsets and sunrises in the rear view mirror, amazing off-the-grid food finds, and singing yourself hoarse to your favorite CD. But one thing’s for sure, you gotta be comfortable when you’re facing for 10 hours or more in a car. These 2 outfits are easy, comfy and practical.

California Fashion

I’m a SoCal native, so I know a thing or two about dressing for the West Coast: bright nails, arm party, shorty shorts, tank top with light weight shirt for night time, sunnies, and add in a straw cowboy hat and a fringed bag for some flair. Usually I would opt for sandals, but serious driving calls for something more sturdy like these cute boat shoes.

Nautical Preppy Fashion

I always think East Coasters are a little more sophisticated than us California beach bums. I would try to make more of an effort with a flirty skirt, sheer blouse and metallic flats. Brights are still in, but maybe try to match a little like this cardigan, satchel and nail combo in hot orangey yellows. Shades and hat go without saying, and don’t you just love that tortoise shell watch?!

Have a fun and safe drive Kira! We can’t wait to see what Boston has in store for you!

Lori August 27, 2012 at 11:12 am

I love both the west and east coast bags! Happy travels, Kira!
Lori recently posted..Vintage Pyrex Mixing Bowl – Covered Dish – Cocoa Brown by fishlegsMy Profile

Margeaux August 30, 2012 at 11:34 am

I really love both of these looks! Thanks for sharing!
Margeaux recently posted..My week in pictures…My Profile

erin @WELLinLA August 30, 2012 at 11:52 am

Maybe I’m not enough of a Cali-girl! I still prefer my dresses and polished touches over fringed bags, denim and tribal tops. But bring on the color no matter the coast!
erin @WELLinLA recently posted..Own Your Goals!My Profile

Lauren September 2, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I love road trips!! I’m so jealous! Being an east coast girl scarfs are a must too! Fall is def on its way!! Safe travels :)
Lauren recently posted..New Themes: Able and SightMy Profile

anastasia September 8, 2012 at 3:44 am

i love both styles and even though I live in Australia I think you nailed them perfectly! Im definetely drawn to the East coast look…wish I was more boho relaxed but Im just a ‘classic’ girl!

Bernadette @ B3HD September 9, 2012 at 10:14 am

hahaha…maybe I lived on the east coast way too long. I live in the west now but totally feel more comfy in the east coast style. Congrats and good luck on your move!
Bernadette @ B3HD recently posted..Geek Girl – Pinterest Weekly 18My Profile

Lilly Sue September 14, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I love the transformation of style lol
Lilly Sue recently posted..Go Fish!My Profile

Elle Ramirez October 29, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I grew up in CA but now have lived in NYC for about 3 years and I love both of your takes on east and west style! Pretty accurate. I stumbled upon your blog and am in love! I used your tutorial for social media buttons for my own blog! Keep being so helpful and fabulous! -Elle
Elle Ramirez recently posted..30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She’s 30My Profile

Erica Reinhart October 30, 2012 at 11:24 am

As an East coaster, I LOVE that outfit!
Erica Reinhart recently posted..Sports and Dental SafetyMy Profile

doppelstabmattenzaun October 8, 2014 at 7:20 pm

MetallzäuneausPolen angeboten von unserer Firma Gehäuse auf Krakau
erstellt von professionelle beste Hersteller. Neben diese Zäune u Kauf
important wesentlichen Teil des Zauns. Artikel Produkte kontinuierlich jeden Tag expandieren , da wollen , an zu bieten unseren Laden war sehr interessant .
Wir fest Experten, das ist besitzen Groß Wissen, Bildung und lange Erfahrung
in der Industrie SPACE Konstruktion. professionelle verführerische Kosten, ,
so dass wichtigsten ist Empfänger und Zufriedenheit funktionieren mehrstufige bieten professional
Beratung , Aktien good Artikel und installieren für Empfänger .
Doppelstabmattenzaun – doppelstabmattenzaun polen.
Wir erwarben Vertrauen glücklich Menschen durch über zuverlässige Arbeit.
Überprüfen Socken http://bedar-zaune.de/ Wir hoffen bis allerlei Vorschläge des Unternehmen , I möchten immer gegen Bedürfnisse Partner.
doppelstabmattenzaun recently posted..doppelstabmattenzaunMy Profile